The Four-Fold door moves horizontally instead of moving vertically, that way the door is visible throughout the opening motion allowing the driver to know the precise second the doorway is clear to exit. This allows for quick and safe movement. It is common with overhead sectional and coiling steel doors for delivery vehicles, pick-up trucks or even passenger cars to begin driving through the door opening after losing sight of the bottom of the door, only to hit the bottom panel as they move through the opening. A collision of this type with make it impossible to operate the door (especially with telescoping and coiling steel doors, which cannot tolerate any denting or deforming of the slats).
Key Product Features:
- The Four-Fold XT™ door is still built with all the same features as the standard Four-Fold.
In contrast, the heavy duty design and construction of the XT enables it to function under higher cycle.
- Opens horizontally in less than seven seconds.
- With general yearly preventative maintenance this doors operators and components are made to perform over 1 million cycles. Whereas, the conventional sectional and coiling doors require constant spring and cable maintenance and replacement to keep them in a safe working condition.
- The high-speed operation of the door minimizes heating and cooling losses and reduces wait time which in turn, increase productivity and energy efficiency.
- Ideal for fire stations, parking garages and auto dealerships.